XNA 4.0?

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM

First off, great engine! I can't beleive all the features you have packed into this thing. The demos are awesome too. And a choice of two physics engines. Wow.

Since it looks like this was something you were doing for a school project I'm assuming you aren't going to update it to XNA 4.0?

Also is there any plans to replace JigLibX with Jitter? The performance of Jitter is much improved.

Thanks for sharing this great work with everyone!

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 2:13 AM
Edited Mar 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Hi man,

Iam glad for your comments :)

i want to do lots of things with this engine in the future, but now, in the next few weeks, i just wanto to improve the stability and the documentation (iam finishing a .chm right now).

Sinceraly i dont know if i will upgrade to XNA 4.0 and i have some reasons for this. First, the xna 4 needs directx 10 to compile but do not uses its features. Second, the effort to port will be big (lots of things changed in graphics part). I am trying to find someone to share this task with me.

I decided to support 2 physics engines because of the poor JigLibX  performance. I liked Bepu (that is opensource now) very much, so i dont intend to use Jitter (at least for now), i was thinking about using the PhysX .NET but ... Iam not sure yet.

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 8:17 AM

I just downloaded the CHM. The source is downloading as I type this. 

I wish I could offer help with the conversion to 4.0 but I'm still at the tinkering stage as far as programming goes. I had a small prototype in XNA 3.1 that I gave up on when I couldn't successfully convert it to XNA 4.0.

I'm going to take a look at the source as soon as it's done downloading. Just curious though, you said in the CHM that JigLibX is modified to fit into your engine. How extensive are these modifications? 

To get acquainted with the engine I'm going to try and make a menu screen for the introduction demos that lets you select and end the demos without having to exit and then rerun.  

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM

if you make something and want to integrate it with the engine, just talk to me.